Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors School Visits
Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors is unlike any exhibition the High has presented before. The Seattle Times calls Infinity Mirrors “spectacular and surreal.” This dynamic exhibition will be on view at the High from November 18, 2018, through February 17, 2019.
Due to high demand for this exhibition, the High Museum of Art is unable to accommodate group bookings, with the exception of a very limited number of spaces available for K–12 school visits on select dates, which will be allocated in limited increments via lottery.
Dates to Know:
Monday, August 13 Application period for school visits begins
Friday, August 31 Application period for school visits ends
Friday, September 14 Selected applicants are notified
Monday, October 15 Deposit deadline for selected applicants
Monday, October 29 All applicants are notified
Tuesday, December 4 First day of school visits
Lottery Terms and Conditions
1. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Infinity Mirrors lottery. Teachers who are chosen in the lottery process will be required to purchase the exhibition tickets they are assigned. If your class is selected, the High Museum will require a non-refundable 50% deposit for your scheduled visit by Monday, October 15, 2018. If payment has not been received by the deposit deadline, your booking will be released. The final 50% of your total ticket costs will be due two weeks before the day of your field trip.
2. To be eligible to apply, you must be a K–12 classroom teacher who is visiting the High Museum with your class as part of a field trip. One lottery entry is allowed per person. If it is determined that a teacher has entered the lottery more than once, the High Museum reserves the right to exclude the teacher from the lottery.
3. The lottery will open to teachers on Monday, August 13, 2018, and the deadline to submit entries will be 5 p.m. EST on Friday, August 31. After this date, no further entries will be considered.
4. K–12 teachers selected through the lottery will receive access for up to a total of 75 people. One complimentary chaperone ticket will be provided for every 10 student tickets. The total number of tickets available to purchase includes 65 student and 10 chaperone or teacher tickets. Note: School field trip tickets are priced at $8 per ticket. One chaperone for every 10 students is required.
5. Tickets for the required number of adult chaperones will be complimentary.
6. Teachers entering the lottery will have the opportunity to indicate 3 preferred visit dates and one preferred visit time on the entry form. We cannot guarantee that the preferred date and/or time will be available.
7. The High Museum of Art is not responsible for inaccurate contact information that is submitted by any entrant.
8. A random drawing will be made by the High Museum’s education department from among all eligible entries received before the deadline. There are 17 total days available for students to visit the Infinity Mirrors exhibition. The odds of being selected will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
9. Teachers selected through the lottery will be notified by email by Friday, September 14, 2018. This email will include information about deposit requirements.
10. If selected teachers have not submitted a deposit to secure their visit by 5 p.m. EST on Monday, October 15, the High Museum reserves the right to release the tickets.
11. The selected teachers’ opportunity to buy tickets is not transferable to others.
12. By submitting a lottery application, the teacher is indicating agreement to these terms and conditions.
13. Please note: The Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors exhibition will not be offered through the Art Access program.
Thank you for your interest in booking a school visit to Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors!
This page includes information specific to K–12 school visits. For more information about Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors, please see our main exhibition page.
Why are so few spots available for school visits?
Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors is a record-breaking exhibition that has sold out immediately at all previous venues. Due to high demand, the High Museum of Art is unable to accommodate group bookings, with the exception of a very limited number of spaces available for K–12 school visits, to be allocated via lottery.
How do I apply for the school visits lottery?
Applications for the school visits lottery will be accepted via an online booking form, which will be available from August 13 through 31, 2018. Confirmations to successful applicants will be sent by Friday, September 14, 2018. Please do not book your transportation until your visit date and time have been confirmed.
On which days are school visits available?
The High Museum is pleased to offer 17 mornings for K–12 school visits to Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors:
Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Thursday, December 6, 2018
Friday, December 7, 2018
Tuesday, December 11, 2018Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Friday, January 18, 2019
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Thursday, January 31, 2019Friday, February 1, 2019
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Friday, February 8, 2019
What time can I visit with my students?
Tickets for Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors are timed to ensure the best possible experience. School groups will be scheduled during the following time slots:
- 10:00 a.m.
- 10:15 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m.
- 10:45 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m.
- 11:15 a.m.
How long should I expect to spend in the exhibition with my group?
Plan on spending 1 hour in the exhibition space.
Will there be a teacher resource guide to help plan our group visit to Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors?
Our teacher resource guide for Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors will be available in early fall 2018 on the School Groups and Educators section of the High’s website.
What is the cost per student to visit Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors?
The cost per student is $8. This includes general admission to the High. There is no charge for the required number of adult chaperones. One chaperone is required for every ten students. No additional chaperones are allowed.
Which grade level(s) do you recommend this exhibition for?
This exhibition is recommended for kindergarten through 12th grade.
Are guided tours and/or interactive art-making workshops available?
Guided tours are required for this exhibition. Due to its immersive nature, interactive art-making workshops will not be offered.
Are the Infinity Mirror Rooms wheelchair accessible?
Standard wheelchairs can enter and exit the Infinity Mirror Rooms one at a time. However, due to size restrictions, wheelchairs cannot turn around once inside the rooms and must back out to exit. While the Infinity Mirror Rooms have varying sizes, the narrowest entry point is 30 inches wide. Please see our main exhibition page for more information.
How many students can I bring?
In order to respond to high demand, we must limit each teacher to no more than one group of up to 75 people total—this includes students and the required number of chaperones.
What is your chaperone policy?
Students visiting the exhibition must be accompanied by a chaperone at all times. One chaperone is required for every ten students. Groups must arrive with the required number of chaperones. Classes that arrive without the required number of chaperones may be denied entry to the exhibition.
There is no admission fee for the required number of chaperones. Due to the limited number of tickets available for school visits, additional chaperones will not be admitted.
I have been selected! How do I confirm my booking?
If your class is selected, the High Museum will require a non-refundable 50% deposit for your scheduled visit by Monday, October 15, 2018. If payment has not been received by the deposit deadline, your booking will be released. The final 50% of your total ticket costs will be due two weeks before the day of your field trip.
Will I be notified if I do not get selected for a school visit?
All teachers who have submitted an application for the lottery will be notified by Monday, October 29, 2018, whether or not they have been selected for a school visit.
I am an instructor at a college or university—am I eligible for the lottery?
Due to high demand, group bookings for Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors are available for K–12 school groups only. Please see our main exhibition page for more information about booking single tickets.
For more information about Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors, please see our main exhibition page.