Directors Circle Travel – Spring 2019
High Art in the low countries: Belgium & the Netherlands
April 7 – 15, 2019
Join the High Museum Director’s Circle members and journey with us from Brussels to Amsterdam to discover masterpieces from Van Eyck to Van Gogh, Magritte, Escher, and beyond. Revel in springtime tulips and daffodils as we spend a week admiring works that can only be viewed in situ and touring iconic museums including the Museum of Fine Arts in Brussels, The Hague’s Mauritshuis, and Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum. We will also discover unique, lesser known collections at the Horta House Museum in Brussels, the Rockox Museum in Antwerp, and The Hague’s Escher in Het Paleis.
- GO INSIDE the Brussels studio of Belgian artist Isabelle de Borchgrave, for a private visit and dinner
- TAKE a behind-the-scenes view of the Panorama Mesdag, a circular painting offering a unique, 360-degree perspective of 19th-century life in a Dutch seaside town
- ADMIRE masterpieces that can only be viewed on site, including the Van Eyck brothers’ Ghent Altarpiece and Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl Earring
- LEARN the secrets of Belgian chocolate making during a private demonstration and tasting
- ENJOY an exclusive chamber music concert by members of the Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra, held inside an intimate house-museum alongside an Amsterdam canal
Check out the complete travel brochure, itinerary, and registration form.
For more information or to reserve a place, please contact Academic Arrangements Abroad by phone at 212-514-8921 or 800-221-1944, or by email at email@example.com.
$7,999 per person, double occupancy.
$9,899 single rate
- Seven nights accommodations as per itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner); bottled water and coffee/tea with all meals, house wine at welcome and farewell dinners
- Airport/hotel/airport group transfers for all participants on suggested flights
- Escorted sightseeing by private motor coach; entrance fees for included visits
- Enrichment program of lectures and special events
- Taxes and service charges; gratuities to local guides and drivers
NOT INCLUDED IN RATE:
International airfare; passport/visa fees; meals not specified; alcoholic beverages other than as noted in inclusions; personal items and expenses; airport transfers other than for those on suggested flights; baggage in excess of one suitcase; trip insurance; any other items not specifically mentioned as included.